Now or Never

Some times I wear myself so thin. I feel like I'm being pulled in so many different directions, like one of those medieval torture racks.

Between my 9-5, wrestling and live events, this blog, my podcast Beauty And The Brainbuster (shameless self promo, you can listen here,) and spending time with my family (read; boyfriend) I don't get much time to myself. I'm the type of person who has to be alone to relax, and so often this leaves me tense and highly stressed.
If you follow me here, you would have noticed the radio silence for quite some time now. The last time I posted regularly was the first week of January.

This weekend was Easter, which mean four consecutive days off. So I made a list of things I needed to get done each day, and do you think I got any of it done?
Well I got three out of ten.

 

I listed all my unused things on Trade Me, I worked with a new photographer and I wrote this post. Today is Monday and it’s looking like not a lot will be getting done today, I woke up at 11am and I still feel like I could sleep another 12 hours.


So instead of writing lists of things I'm not going to complete, I've decided to write a list of all the upcoming things I get to look forward to.

1. Seeing the completed photos from my shoot.
2. The Go Green Expo this coming weekend
3. Receiving the Aim'n active wear I purchased in the Easter sale.
4. Using my new Tarte make up that I purchased last month and still haven't used.
5. Listening to episode 6 of BATB podcast which should go up this weekend.
6. Wrestlemania!
7. IPW: Eliminator on April 14th
8. Maniacs United: Underground 5 on April 25th where I'll be in a tag match with JPE.

Sometimes when you're stressed, writing a checklist reminding yourself of all the things you need to do doesn't help. It can just make you feel like more of a failure when you don't complete everything. When this happens, you just need to chill and take some time for yourself.

So that's exactly what I am going to do.
This week I am going to disconnect myself from Social Media and focus my energy instead on things that make me feel good, like Yoga and cooking/creating new recipes.

I hope everyone had a good Easter break and was able to reset themselves.
-Ash.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RotoVegas Pt. 1: Christmas Day

A Year in Review

If You Wanna Break These Walls Down You’re Gonna Get Bruised